To promote sailing and the exciting lifestyle of cruising on the water while exploring, dreaming and discovering the world through adventures. These adventures will be documented here on this website, specifically with video, images and stories posted to our blog: The Captain’s Log. Additionally, we’ll be sharing to social media sites like YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and any other site we find helps gets people interested in exploring the Great Outdoors by sail.
Captain Mike Isbell is a sailor on the Western side of Lake Erie with many years of seamanship experience while sailing at the North Cape Yacht Cub and Michigan Sailing Club. He served in the United States Marine Corps and has been deployed on several Navel ships in the Pacific and Southeast Asia during his six years of honorable service.
For the past 17 years, he has successfully started and operated his own outdoor services business, Green Vision Outdoor, helping clients from lawn care to snow removal and beyond. His passion and tireless work ethics continues to this day as a entrepreneur and businessman.
Mike is excited to take his passion for sailing and create a successful lifestyle business with True North Sailing Adventures once he completes the process for getting a charter Captain license.
The Vessel: S/V Adventure
Adventure is a 2003 Hunter 386 Owner Model Sailboat. She has finely finished teak furniture and bulkheads. Upgraded interior and exterior hardware and fixtures. This is a very nice, well-kept boat. She sleeps up to seven people with the salon seating converting into a 2-person bed as needed.
A few specs you might be interested in:
- Capacity: Captain & Up To 6 Guests
- Length Overall: 38’3″
- Hull Length: 37’1″
- Headroom: 6″6″
- Fuel Capacity: 30 Gallons
- Water Capacity: 75 Gallons
- Holding Tank Capacity: 30 Gallons
- Water Heater: 6 Gallons
- CE Classification: A
- This means, according to the Recreation Craft Directive Design Standards created by the European Union in 1998, she could “handle the ocean, winds over Beaufort Force 8 (over 40 knots) and wave heights above 13 feet, excluding abnormal conditions such as hurricanes.”
Some of the adventures and activities Mike is interested in are:
- SHORT EXCURSIONS: 4 hours: no experience necessary.
Guest demographics: Landlubbers looking to have an new experience by sail! Sample trips:
- Sunset cruises
- Learn to sail
- Leisure 1/2 day cruises with anchorage and water activities.
- Night sails
- FULL DAY EXCURSIONS: 8 hours.
Guest demographics: tourist, divers, travelers, local weekenders looking for a new or returning adventure sailing trip. Sample trips:
- Day sails with a stop at an anchorage for water activities (diving, swimming, snorkeling, beach walking, with trip back to original destination.
- Day sail with a stop at an port or harbor for inland sightseeing, eating, with trip back to original destination
- Day sail with no stops, just good sailing and return to original port.
- EXPEDITIONS: Live-aboard destination trips. ( should have some prior experience on a sailboat/water.) Guest demographics: vacationers, travelers, tourist, divers, local weekender looking for new activities, naturalist. Sample trips:
- Two days and one night to an anchorage or port, with nature or water activities and/or inland activities: entertainment, dining, nightlife, sightseeing, etc.
- Three days and two nights to an one or two anchorage and/or port/ports, with nature or water activities and/or inland activities: entertainment, dining, nightlife, sightseeing, etc.
- VOYAGES: More than three days and nights. ( experience required on a sailing vessel/water ) Guest demographics- sailors, divers, travelers or naturalist from distance shores or local shores looking for a new adventure with some sailing experience required. Sample trip:
- Up to a week long Adventures traveling to an new destination each day or night returning to the original port.